XAO 1.31% 8,189.9 all ordinaries

Short Term Trading Weekend Lounge: 20 - 22 Jul, page-42

1. 3,305 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 216
    Hmm "trading expectations". I don't know if I could claim to have many expectations right now, for me more like "Intentions" or "Goals". Try to operate with a plan with where I wan't a trade to go, or the whole "Trading Business" as a whole. One can't assume it will go the way you want, contingencies are important, as well as risk management and capital preservation.

Putting myself in someone else shoes for a second... going into a trade with high expectations, and it does not go as planned, overexposed on a high risk stock I bought on hype, price tumbling, not sure what to do... Probably asking more experienced traders what to do, but not taking their advice anyway. It does sound like a common story yo would hear any day. Expectations I think can be useful if they are realistic, problem is if you are new how do you really know they are realistic. Well you probably don't, until you experience the highs and the lows. I think important to get that experience without exposing your finances, think why paper trading then starting with small amounts is so important if you are new to markets and the way they operate. It's how I survived my early incorrect expectations/assumptions of what the market was like.

My intention is to keep moving forward and improving, but I don't know if I can "expect" that. One must earn the right to succeed every day, or you are just relying on luck I reckon. Although I do at least "expect" myself to be sharper after taking a nice little break.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.