XAO 0.06% 8,194.8 all ordinaries

Short Term Trading Weekend Lounge: 20 - 22 Jul, page-61

1. 1,889 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1023

Happy weekend traders,

There is this thing in life akin to the Principle of Double Effect. It doesn't always have to do with things like war. Surgeons do it when they remove that which has become a danger to the organism.
    In a not so serious way, we use it in everyday life when we prune trees or forget a detail to spare someone's feelings.

The phenomenon has found its way into the financial markets, where taxpayer money is used to bolster stability. The idea is not foreign to traders; individuals as use it when working various investment vehicles. But that practical, non-lethal form of the Doctrine also functions when corruption melds with the belief the selfishness is a mutually beneficial driver of capitalism.

My trading expectations are many, but at the core is a desire to understand the constantly evolving cooperative duplicity of market participants in the same way that I understand it elsewhere. As has been noted by several posters in weeks past, we understand dishonesty and often surrender to it. We take it for granted. But I needn't tell you that making sense of the broader underpinnings is becoming more difficult at a time where a love of the truth appears to have grown cold.

And if you're wondering why a person would not just accept it and move on, consider the conflict that takes place when a trader submits to what he or she knows would not work in his personal life or financial plans. Consider the plight of those who strive to use logic and reason to formulate a trading plan, only to be defeated by the rhetoric of self-interested influencers. Our modes of reason, by the way, include technical analysis.

To be consumed by that sphere is to travel into another dimension where financial goals take on a meaning of their own; something unattached to everything else we hold dear. It is to give yourself to something you know is not real. If you can do that for your own sake and without negative consequences, then more power to you. But not everyone has the capacity to become a part-time liar. If you feel left out, don't feel bad about it. It just means you want the same things from others that you expect from yourself.
    Last edited by Diver Dan: 23/07/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.