Dunce Hat Award, update... :D @jimmityg - 38 @tradesurfer - 38...

1. 2,224 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1384
    Dunce Hat Award, update...

@jimmityg - 38

@tradesurfer - 38

@Freehold - 34

@lifeguard - 34

Alright, this my most Dunce experience.

In my early days in share trading, I bought CZN for 2.7c, with very limited knowledge in fundamentals and just a little touch with technical analysis, expecting  an upward movement. When bought, my expectation was to profit 3-4 pips in the very short term and then re-enter during the retrace. But the price I bought was unfortunately happen to be the peak and it then started slowly declining to reach 1.5c. With very limited amount of funds in my investment I was very disappointed and was desperate to exit, to release my money and to limit the loss.  But then I thought for a moment, patience is the key, and I should give some time for the stock to reverse.

Meanwhile, I went on an overseas trip. my other holdings in this trading account (I had a few trading accounts by then) were all red, no free cash to buy new stocks,  so I was not even bothering to log in to this particular account.

So, after 3-4 months, my patience worked, - after reaching the bottom at 1.5c, it did some churning, and then started flying. So I was very proud myself of being patient,  and I further waited and waited and waited, to see a  bag – first ever bag  for me – and was very proud that I was able stick with my strategy (in the hindsight, actually, I did not have one at that stage).

So, when the price was churning a bit around 5c+, I thought that I must sell now. This was my first trade in this particular trading account after nearly 4 months, and I logged in, only to  see that there were no CZN shares anymore. Instead I had some free cash.

What has happened was, I had put a GTC sell order at 3c at some stage, may be as soon as I bought, I can't remember honestly. I do not know how long I was cheering for a stock that I did not have

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.