LOM will be making its way into my portfolio sometime next week...

1. X80
    1,743 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 109
    LOM will be making its way into my portfolio sometime next week i feel.

Along with some other near term produucers.

ive been in mining for 17 odd years now and ive seen w thing or two, i still work for one of the big 3.

When markets get choppy unless there is cash coming through the door, new projects are hard work to get up and running, its hard to do in good times, and atm its 2 opposite worlds, producing mines are actually in a boom time at present, this market drop on the dow will not even blip the operations, its only commodity prices that will affect that, or poor mining conditions and grades etc.

Exploration stocks, the reality of them getting into production will be affected imo by the market crash, if it is sustained, which then make the chance of commodities to rise as supply effectively becomes capped, given we are in a transition EV market this makes for interesting times.

so producers and near term producers who sometimes on valuation i feel are penalized hard compared to expo stock telling everyone how many goodies are in the ground.

one thing i do look for with expo stocks which obviously i buy because you can bag with these, is being close to an operating mine with a decent size and capable miner, as no ceo likes to tske a write down on there watch, the best way to kick the can down the road is buy the neighbour even if grades not as high, you dont have to set up the processing facilities and camp\offices etc, which all takes large capex

so for lithium anyone wrapped around posco in argetina like Galan is a good bet, gold is another classic if nearby an operating mine or in the precint, theres some neighbours to the NT lithium PLS is it?? cxo are there i believe. NAE have a swag of dirt in the right location there, and the yanks love NT.

TNG is a classic awesome depoist in the wrong location, chances of that getting up is slim.

So identify ing near term prodicers who hit targets will be my focus for short terms if the doom and gloom hangs around for a while, as when it ends and demand especially for EV type materials will pick up instantly the mining will take a minimum of 5 years to go from expo to producer...its more like 7 to 10 in oz and Canada, a little shorter in USA. Africa i feel will get raided as they have a you pay us you can dig next week mate philosophy!

Gonna be a hot one here in Camperdown today, could work up a thirst by this arvo id say

Ant...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.