XAO 0.31% 8,217.0 all ordinaries

Short Term Trading Weekend Lounge: 22-24 Mar, page-14

1. 7,636 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 196
    Thought I would re-post this here as more people may see it.

O/T but still continuing with my education.
    Can anyone help with some parameters to set for stock scanners for short term trading? I am using Incredible charts.
    Also links to any scanners out there that would be suitable for a L plater.

This was from @Bollingenuity but I am having trouble setting it up.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1478/1478605-1f4479d6a0658332d83e0c7494fce487.jpg

CLI, I managed to get in at 2.7 and had my sell at 3.2 all day. Should not have got greedy. It was going to be a great first day-trade for me using my recently gained knowledge. Damn! That will teach me to be greedy
    Once the price had moved up I re-adjusted my stop to 2.9, only to change it again to 2.6, keeping in mind that I have been stopped out many times before due to the sell down by the pros to do a shake out, only to see the price rise even further after my stop was hit.
    All my indicators were screaming buy, especially buying above the 200ema, this am but I broke one rule. I did not wait for the first pull back day. I did wait for the pull back to 2.7 so that's how I got in at that price. That took about 38 minutes from open.
    I pulled the 3.2 sell from previous days high, not sure if this is correct?
    Only trading below $1000 to keep brokerage down but should have made 12.35% if I had sold at 3.1, instead I saw the late arvo action and decided to hold until Monday.
    In hindsight, I did have this on my watch list from 1.6 on 15 March, thanks to a poster here, but failed to pull the trigger. Other charts/posters etc got in the way.
    Any help/analysis here would be much appreciated, I am taking this learning gig very seriously.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1478/1478630-2d42a383fe62a7081a8de1892c0c396d.jpg

Last edited by rick64: 23/03/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.