XAO 2.08% 8,170.4 all ordinaries

Short Term Trading Weekend Lounge: 22-24 Mar, page-24

1. 1,811 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 241
    Use chart software pretty much for stock scanner only, looking for a 'certain' type of stock to WL for further FA, price , volume behaviour & MC good way of doing this. (amongst others)

I taught myself ars#e about, was not interested in good charts to trade in but manipulation of filters to produce a handful of companies that I would like consider.

Know some good companies through FA, get the filters to produce these plus 'like' others kinda sorta if you know what I mean.

Great believer in data intregrity, daily volume over time makes numbers something more that 'ink on paper', tends to push me away from micro's to smalls, mids and beyond.

The 'certain' type of stock looking for is to do with its movement to 'investment grade' of model.

Time periods 3,6,12 mths in diminshing importance.

Stock scanners also great for 'anomolies', where emotion has moved the stock in one direction or another awaiting a return of rationality to maybe profit from.

If I do want to enter a stock use very basic TA and 'gut' feel in looking at chart, pretty good at stops.

Lot of TA things discussed on STT I don't understand obviously

Am a great believer in simplicity, seems to suit my personality

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.