XAO 0.52% 8,208.6 all ordinaries

So i watched the old Paul Tudor Jones doco this arvo called...

1. 1,649 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    So i watched the old Paul Tudor Jones doco this arvo called trader. What a remarkable guy. What i found particularly interesting and relevant to our thread was the first quarter of the film where they were talking about their market predictions. This was 1986, about a year before the 87 crash and tudor jones and his partner peter or paul boorish had pulled up a chart from the 5 years leading up to the 1929 stock market crash and the 5 years up to 1986. The overlaid charts had freakish correlation, the doco claims over 90%, and they used this to predict the crash. they were out by 6 months but it is extremely interesting. They used this overlaid chart to determine their trades in the first half of the doco. This film was shot before the 87 crash but in another doco about the 87 crash, Tudor Jones is said to have made hundreds of millions of dollars in the 87 crash by being on the right side of it.

My software doesn;t go back that far but i would be interested to see if the market we are seeing at the moment has any correlation to the 2 time periods mentioned in the doco.

Strongly recommend that you watch that documentary if you haven;t.

cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.