Short Term Trading Weekend Lounge: 23 - 25 Apr, page-17

1. 2,855 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2430
    Dazed, you are not wrong about the asympotomatic nature of this virus that places it in a league of its own, even if it is far less deadly in itself than its predecessors. With less than 5% global case fatality rate (CFR), it is far less than SARS1 (11%), and MERS (35%). But of course, in this case, the early invisibleness of the virus enables many more peolpe to become infected before a spreader is known, resulting in far greater number of falalities overall.

The new variants are more contagious, and of course, this is assisting the increased infection rate, but aren't necessarily increasing the CFR. But overall falatlities are increasing due to the increased numbers of infected persons overall.

As you say, a virus that is too lethal, is its own worse enemy, for killing its host quickly, and therefore cutting off its own path forward to others. One wonders then, if in this pandemic it would be better if the virus's efficacy to kill would increase dramatically, so that it would tend to become stopped in its tracks by killing more initial hosts. A true moral dilemma to ponder.

It is like someone desperately trying to win lotto: will I spend a very small percentage of my weekly salary over many years to try to win my fortune, or will I spend my whole months salary one time in an effort to win quickly.

Not quite the same thing, but you get the drift.

Speaking of trying to win lotto and avoid the virus all in one go, I'm still holding BIT for its possibilities. We are waiting on the next results of testing against SARS-CoV-2 with three of their small molecule compounds. In the last tests, they achieved a good EC50 (effective concenmtration to kill the virus 50%), and even went as far to say that this was as good in some tests, and better in others, than Remdesivir. But I think that part of the news was a beat up, as in vitro testing is a long way from success, as we all know when most drug research tests don't get past phase 1.

Anyway, there is more to their chances than this little description. of which I've mentioned previously.

The share price has dropped to 6c, but doesn;t want to go further for now, as someone is buying up decent parcels at this price.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.