XAO 0.01% 7,937.5 all ordinaries

That 1st image on the pete murray track is teahupoo, an...

1. 1,764 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 231
    That 1st image on the pete murray track is teahupoo, an impossibly heavy but high reward left in Taihti. (I think it is).

Was surfing with a few mates (and about 25 others) about a decade ago only about 6' , you need a certain attitude to make it work, one of total commitment, go or no go, no 'I'm not too sure about this one'.

When you push the button to go you must mean it and follow through with 100%, no dithering.

I was having a particularly good session 100% commitment trusting my ability born of 1ooo's of hours up and down the east coast in my youth, until last wave, looked a bit 'iffy', hesitated and over the falls which resulted in 10 stitches and a $5000 dental bill.

There are many traders on this forum who have put in the hours on a watchlist and they will see something probably not even obvious to themselves and know it's time to 'go'.

I have a few little mantra's when I trade eg 'why run uphill' = don't chase. and so on it helps me to focus on the field of play when game hard and fast.

Another is 'Teahupoo trade', sometimes it just looks right and you must 'go'. These have been some of my best trades, obviously a result of seeing a pattern that I have identified as positive in the 1000's of hours on the watchlists but probably dont even formally recognise, it just seems right.

Below is belly of the beast on a day MUCH bigger than one I enjoyed, these guys are certifiably insane but 100% committed. (not 99.9%)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.