XAO 1.03% 7,817.4 all ordinaries

Your story is similar to mine. Had a good job with local...

1. 31 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Your story is similar to mine. Had a good job with local council. This was to be my retirement career. Only been there 5 yrs and was doing some work at home , on a roof. Then was on the ground and a few weeks in hospital , two years off work and not looking like I will be going back. Lucky enough that council supply a good income protection plan, but this is about to run out.
    I started trading about 2006 just in a managed fund through a financial broker. Made some good money and this is what got me started. At the time of the GFC we just sold an investment property and had a little spare cash and this is when I started my own trading. Like you I look back at the whatifs, but cant dwell on that. Must look forward.
    Planning and rules. I read it everywhere but just have trouble doing it. And I must start. It is great to get some one elses view and I will take it on board. I have read many books and both of the HC libraries, and constantly read the STT.
    I have some losses that I must get rid of, have a clean out and start fresh. I am using this year as my year of learning. As I still have an income I can afford to make some losses and hopefully learn from them.
    I also think I am aiming too high. Looking at a 20% gain and try to get that bit more then see it slide back down.Like you said 2% isnt much but it is the compounding that makes it work.
    Anyway, watch those ladders. As we get on we dont bounce like we used to. Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.