XAO 0.48% 7,976.1 all ordinaries

With reference to the following Fairfax article dated 22nd...

1. 41 Posts.
    With reference to the following Fairfax article dated 22nd February 2018:

Call it the Hot Copper effect...

In its binary form, the core of the article is a question of positive and negative liberty. I have the fundamental right to choose how I allocate my labour and my capital. My superannuation is my property.

The risk/reward equation is a fundamental investment incentive. The market is the ultimate stress test of innovation.

No governing body possesses legislative mechanisms to constrain the allocation of my capital, nor the allocation of my labour, as this is path of nepotism, cronyism, and stagnation.

My fear is with time, the calls to constrain the freedom of capital allocation will grow and will be given a greater voice in the media as this issue gains traction. These clarion calls will come from those who will argue they have people’s best intentions at heart, and their echoes will manifest themselves in the houses of parliament. The odious, insidious, patronising tone of ‘we know better than you’ will be taken advantage of by the rent seeking institutional funds.

My choice is to not pay two hundred cents on the dollar for inflated property along the eastern seaboard; so as to be granted a thirty percent tax deduction by the federal government. My choice is to not buy into irrationally valued companies, on leverage provided by the so called four pillars that have institutional toll booths at both ends of the transaction.

I choose to allocate my capital to innovation; to firms that out perform their competition in a free and competitive market. I choose the small and micro capped companies where the people running the organisation are all-in; their very existence depending on the success of their chosen endeavour.

The fears of Isaiah Berlin's 1958 Two Concepts of Liberty are upon us. With every passing moment, piece by piece, our individual liberties are taken away.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.