XAO 0.99% 8,153.7 all ordinaries

I think that you have to loose money for a while by not selling...

1. 3,625 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 139
    I think that you have to loose money for a while by not selling , before you vow - I will not ignore the sell signals again. It probably has to happen at least half a dozen times. When you ignore a sell signal, you usually have to wait quite a while for the sp to turn back, and that wait is painful, because the whole time you are kicking yourself for being an idiot. And that berating of yourself, is just as painful as the financial set back. To sell a stock that you believe in the FA on, goes against logic. Maybe it is better to look at it with an attitude like - "Fantastic! This share looks like it will pull back. Here's my chance to make money by selling mine, and buying them back cheaper. " You actually do make money that way. If you view it as an opportunity, you can still hold to your firm belief in the FA. We like to believe that a share will go up, and up and up. But that is not how shares work. They need to pull back to go up higher. So we either have to stop kicking ourselves, when it pulls back, or bite the bullet and sell. Either one would work.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.