XAO 0.99% 8,153.7 all ordinaries

I have also struggled with this for a long time, but more...

1. 3,013 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 283
    I have also struggled with this for a long time, but more recently I've really started venturing out of long-termers and trying to learn the STT gig. I've done this before too, in particular for a time a little after the GFC. What has really stuck out to me though is that there are a number of companies that I was investing in back then that I am stumbling across now after having completely forgotten about them. I'm sure some of them have had their ups and downs, but from then to now, most of them seem to have done absolutely nothing. In the better part of 10 years! And some have been completely remade into something else.

Anyway, I've recently realised that whenever I find stocks that look like they have great potential, the 'need' to buy always comes over me, but never with any consideration as to what is actually coming up that is going to send it on its merry way. So now (and I mean like only in the last few weeks) I've realised that this is a huge part that i've been missing from what i've been doing. What is actually imminent that is going to get this going?? So far i've decided that I don't think it matters too much, so long as there are at least a few good things coming up, coupled with the right TA setup. I've personally even concluded that the Strauss' and FF's (and the rest!) starting to tweet about a stock is also as good as half of the real catalyst factors... I guess the fundamental importance of a catalyst is that it will generate demand for the stock.

I think the next thing i'm going to put of a lot of importance on is using some form of TA (nothing too complicated) to routinely exit positions... entry is pretty easy imo, unless your trying to jump into something that's volatile because it's already started running (which is a LOT of the stocks that are posted about on the STT forum), but exiting is so damn hard... so many FA and TA variables to consider and FOMO is as strong as ever when you're making good profits. I'm hoping that TA will help with this, providing the stocks i'm entering are already compatible with the TA i'm trying to use. That seems to be another problem with these bottom dwellers though... most of them are so illiquid and/or volatile that they seem to often operate outside of most of the easily applied TA 'laws'.

I've also recently been wondering whether I should move away from pennies and go towards trending small/mid caps. I have had really consistent success trading a slightly larger stock in a solid up trend, even though i've put jack all time into trying to do it. MMI being the stock. I seem to only make 10-30% with each trade, but then I pick it up again for less than it's previous high and cumulatively the profits are adding up to way more than the overall gain of ~50% for the stock... I don't know if it satisfies my junkie cravings for spec volatility , but maybe long-term success will come with what seems to come most naturally to me...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.