XAO 0.01% 7,937.5 all ordinaries

Freedom at its most fundamental level is a uniquely human...

1. 3,529 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 249
    Freedom at its most fundamental level is a uniquely human quality, as it is the underpinning condition that enables morality to exist, and morality is the overarching defining quality of humanity.

To speak of freedom on occassions in what seems areas outside of morlaity is to use it in a less significant sense, albiet often still quite appropriately, like when I decide to turn left rather than right. If the fuller context of this example is without moral worth, such as my need to turn is soley to improve the angle of vision towards my keyboard, then amoral freedom is demonstrated well, as it could be for an almost infinitive number of cases, just like when any other creature is free to move as it seems determined to do so at any time. In fact, the entire backdrop of organic evolution requires this freedom of movement so that change can eventually select for what is best and what is not.

But these examples of amoral freedom are more akin with the study of mechanistic physics and organic biology than they are in the more defining attributes of human nature. We are more than an organic beings, for we have taken our freedom of movement and change to a level that transcends these determined mechanisms, and 'brought' it onto an entirely new playing field, where the old forms are only part of the boundary and supporting rules, but the new freedom is the real play. The new moral game is played by free human individuals, albiet in teamwork, with captains and fielders, and dare I say, even with a coach for each side.

Yes, we have now arrived at the inevitable human game of right and wrong, with players going head long to the death, and bystanders screaming from the stands. But even the non-players and cheersquads are in the game, for the calling for blood and the arousing of motivation are just all part of the play. No one is without a contribution to the final score, but obviously the captains and quarter backs have more to answer for in the locker room analysis.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.