XAO 0.37% 8,272.7 all ordinaries

Short Term Trading Weekend Lounge: 23-26th Mar, page-69

1. 305 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    out of 100% allocated for investments my feel is;-
    firstly start with no debt and if have debt keep to minimal/asset, then positive geared or at very least neutral geared debt (eg positive geared investment property), if is a future crash situation then official interest rates may be low but no one lending then real borrowing rates will go up like post GFC rates at near zero but no one outside Government was getting any except likes credit worthy BHP.
    40-45% cash - keep powder dry as most assets will get cheaper, some bargains
    30-20% gold companies eg EVN, NST, RSG etc etc
    30-20% Battery Mineral companies especially cobalt copper nickel vanadium and some lithium graphite been great 9 months but will continue. basically trend is friend and EV and battery storage is coming regardless world economies
    5-10% Bear ETF eg BBOZ

(avoid financials, banks, retail, real estate, building, luxury items, non essentials etc)

most investors and brokers promote so called ""Blue Chip"" some sectors, like banks had great run till Q3 17 but over now and just look at ASX 200 its lower than 6,000 points yet it was over 7,000 points 10 years ago - for those back major components top 20 then average loss making long term investments and don't see turn around anytime soon, topside at best 6,500 IMO and downside well you can imagine if overseas market tanks. many commentators say if a crash it will be very big and long lasting from economic and financial perspective, but I think the biggest impact will be that the greater population are not psychologically conditioned to the results/effects/changes to what a major crash/recession potential depression could bring as most totally unprepared. the odds crash 2018 probably still low odds but the impact is mega so the combined risk is significant and I think some investors are factoring in this in their own investment portfolio risk analysis. I also hear the smart money is leaving US stocks and even Buffet is supposedly extraordinarily cashed up to relatively high levels. US been looking toppy for long time something gotta give sooner or later. rule number 1 don't lose money rule number 2 don't forget rule 1 - classic.

that's basically my position.
    all IMO and DYOR etc
    Last edited by Mojo Rising2: 24/03/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.