XAO 2.08% 8,170.4 all ordinaries

Short Term Trading Weekend Lounge: 24-26 May, page-21

1. 1,889 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1023
    Ah don't mind me 48&34, I inhaled too much grass - the kind you feed horses. I do not think it's just a mindless effort on her part to derail the presidency. In fact, she is taking much gripe from the new Congress when she says she thinks an effort to impeach will backfire on the Democrats. I don't know what she's up to but I get the sense she ain't no dummy. Probably thinks like ex FBI director Comey thinks about the impeachment thing...that it would be merely an exercise for the history books because the Senate will not approve it unless the president gets too weird even for them. If that happens then yes it will be on. To paraphrase Director Comey, Americans bought onto Trump and if their measure of disapproval is sufficient, they must deal with him the old fashioned way in 2020 so as not to give grist to the deep state mill which gets peddled daily to administration's supporters. As for the good of America, it goes back to the Republic reference. Who is tasked with knowing what is good for America? Granted, the US republic is infinitely more democratic than the Athenian state, but does the common voter work from a deep instinctual sense of self preservation or do they study the details of things like protectionism. Yeah, the USA was sending vast amounts of money to Germany post Great War to offset what they say as a burgeoning catastrophe but then the crash of 29 made that impossible and you know what happened next.

Where is everyone? Probably out enjoying the weekend
    Last edited by Diver Dan: 26/05/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.