Hi All My thoughts on what's been happening in federal politics...

1. 8,720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    Hi All

My thoughts on what's been happening in federal politics this week:

#abbottmustgo
    #getridofabbott

For me, Abbott epitomises the very worst of Australian politics, another example of selfish politics just like Rudd, and imo he has to go. Why nobody is talking about that is beyond me. How is it that he can completely derail the government's agenda and literally bring any form of policy reform to a grinding halt for a period of years - with no repercussions?

And what is worse, by all accounts from experienced media comments he will continue to be a problem and drive the same personal agenda to regain the prime-ministership under ScoMo and would have also done so under Dutton.

I think everyone understands that politicians have a degree of personal ambition, and they play games, etc, while trying to push policy agendas, doing deals in a genuine effort to advance our country. Politics in that sense is a two-edged sword.

But Tony Abbott (and Kevin Rudd) are examples of politicians who go way beyond that and who have shown they are all about themselves and their own personal ambitions, no matter what the cost to their own party, to the progress of government, and to us the Australian people they are supposed to be working for.

I think its time that the Australian public sent a message to Canberra (and other levels of government for that matter too, particularly at local government level where this happens more frequently, we just don't see it) that we are sick of this BS, that we are not prepared to accept this anymore, and that there should be consequence for this type of behaviour. Since the Liberal party seems unwilling or unable to get rid of Tony Abbott (I would have thought the pre-selection process could achieve that which suggests unwillingness) then we need to encourage the people of Tony Abbott's electorate of Warringah that they have the power to vote him out and do the whole country a favour and we can get better politicians who will actually do stuff for the people they represent, not only themselves.

Cheers, Sharks
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.