Short Term Trading Weekend Lounge: 24 -26th August, page-34

1. 1,775 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 231
    Politics something that leaves the garage somewhat cold.

The hound has often quoted “Give me democracy, a robust and independent judicial system and let me be informed by a free press without fear or bias and I’ll take it from there”

Like all true innocents the little bloke tends to ‘fairy floss’ it a bit but in essence hard to argue with, maybe one step further and judge political parties by the degree their actions influence a nation’s institutions.

Institutions reinforce who we are through what they do, they administer, support, inform, guide, punish, protect, entertain, care for, empower and educate us.

They are formed across periods of time closer to a nation’s age than a political parties life span.

To lessen profile, impact, access and governance of through political self-interest and ideology the garage finds disturbing and as time goes by increasingly so.

For every decision to be held hostage to the corporate ‘profit motive’ and the welfare of this ‘jobson grothe’ bloke, well maybe …… but surely the concept of ‘social outcome’ has a deeper dimension, maybe just a garage thing..

Whether you are disturbed or not is your business, maybe just a case of approaching 50 you automatically default into a cranky old bastard {COB), kinda sorta like hair starting to emerge from your ears, WTF is all that about, just when one has financials sorted god gives you something else to worry about, and they say he/she has not a sense of humour … fark me...

Talking of the natural morphing into COB status the trading team had an ‘exchange’ in the local Coles ’12 or less’ line during the week, hound and I 1st to admit did not reflect well on the team, maybe another time …….….  

Markets interesting, despite arguments to the contrary money being made at small cap end.

Again, QoQ revenue inc coupled with a near term or existing low risk profitability outcome is favoured, healthcare sector particularly seems well regarded.
    PBP, CLV, K2F, MYX, IMA, AVH, VHT to name a few.
    (hold some but not all of above)

Transparency needed on 3 of my larger spec holds ISX ,B2Y & AMI, hound and I still solid hearing nothing from market to panic us, to the contrary actually.

AS1, FLC, GEM, OGA, BTH, POH, OSL, WNR, PEN, BKY and few others while not necessarily fitting within above model all continue to gain the garages attention if not funds medium term.
    (hold a few but not many)

SOM turning into a bit of a wet dream gone wrong, still in only reason being can’t get out. Lesson for the newbies, something to do with liquidity apparently.

ECX showed up as strong buy on my anomoly / director active in market model @ around 2.10 week or so ago but was too busy with my morning 'ear trim' session to take advantage of,  faaarrrrrrk me again

Oz politics ?

Less children more adults and time, will let Chrissie explain it.

2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.