Great topic this week end, I like it. TBH, I do not know much...

1. 2,272 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1415
    Great topic this week end, I like it. TBH, I do not know much about politics. But I can tell you that I was quite embarrassed by the Australian politicians last night. This was what happened as it developed.
    --------------
    8.10AM - I just knew that Dutton was trying to topple Turnbull from the party leadership. I thought it would be a good half an hour topic with the girls (both teens) when I will be driving them home from their friend’s place. But, I knew nothing about Dutton, so I immediately started some researching, for a rich discussion that night.

6.00PM – Did not have any free time to be updated with the latest politics for the rest of the day, was flat out at works. Started driving outbound to pick the kids up. A friend rang to have a chat about something else and during the chat briefly mentioned that now we have a new prime minster. I said “I know”, though I did not know it has already happened until then.

7.30PM - I was driving the kids home, turned off the music, and asked the thirteen year old if she knew that we have a new prime minister now.
    “Yes, I heard that”.
    “Good”
    A few minutes silence, and I asked “What do you know about Peter Dutton?”, hoping to initiate some educative chat, in my standards, for the next half hour, involving the fifteen-year-old too.
    “Who is Peter … whatever…?”, number two asked back.
    “So, you don’t know who our new prime minister is, do you?”
    “What???”
    Not much damage done for the next 30 minutes, I just turned on the music back, a bit louder than before.
    I still do not know much about the politicians, but I hate them.
    --------------
    On another note, I saw a comment by Sector on Friday about a poster having 50,000+ posts under his/her belt. I should say, I will get there too, one day. At this rate I just need 568 years, 7 months and 16 days.

Have a great week end guys and gals!
    Cheers, CC
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.