Short Term Trading Weekend Lounge: 25 - 27 June, page-25

1. 2,847 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2423
    Diver,

I did mention here once long ago and before you were born, that we'd all wake up one day to find that Lithium has been replaced with something else. But probably not in the remainder of my trading life. So, lets carry on.

Or more recently, lithium will be 'mined' from the biggest source in the world, which doesn't actually require any mining, ie, from sea water.
    New paper details profitable lithium extraction from seawater.

But, sticking to the status quo for one moment, and as you've suggested, lithium has begun a new trading move; Li v3.

What's different this time ?

Earlier versions were relatively short term spikes caused from the view that EV's would eventually replace the combustion engine. But if you would have asked your average Aussie V6 or V8 driver then what they thought of the future of motor vehicle production, you would have received your typical human snobbery response. The market seemed reflective of this, after all, no better place to find a snapshot of human behaviour than the stock market.

But this time it's different ! (says the trader who can't even predict the next sun's rising).

In short, the eventually is a little bit closer to becoming reality; quite a bit closr. Most signifificantly, nearly all car manufacturers have provided that pivotal date when they'll produce ONLY EV's, and by identifying that point in the end game, then all other significant prior points therefore must also be identified, just like that if my plan is to drive from Perth to Melbourne is 3 days duration, I better make sure that by the end of day two, I'm nearing Adelaide. As 2030 is earmarked to be the year for when some major car manufacturers produce only silent cars, then locking in the supply of the source of no sound has given the market that new kick start, which if you ask me, will be like the proverbial great, Elliot Wave 3.
    Article showing who and by when

As for those pesky Sth Americans who are always protesting about something, and havn't has a decent politican since Simón Bolívar libertaded much of South America from Spanish rule, the threats to water in the high country from Lithium brines will probably be as silent as the vehicles they're generating.

But, I'm always a bit of a betting both ways type of gal, so I'm putting my fallopian tubes into Lake Resources, whose direct extraction method doesn't require evaporative ponds, removes only a relatively miniscule amount of lithium laced water from the ground source at any one time, and then replaces 99% of it back into the table, minus the lithium. Green as a seasick leprechaun.

Now, putting it all together by entwining my Adelaide moment and the market, my sunrise is coming when VW partner LKE for a green supplied lithium supply.

BMW has partnered with the large lithium miner, Livent, which sits adjacent to Lakes flagship deposit.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.