Hehe - not sure that your PS at the end will save you, Free :)...

1. 2,392 Posts.
    Hehe - not sure that your PS at the end will save you, Free
    Heart vs Head ...
    Some philosophers reckon we clever monkeys are rational beings with occasional irrational outbursts. I've never really understood that. Makes me wonder which world they live in. I think it's probably the other way around: a ball of conflicting emotions with a veneer of reason over the top.
    Falling in love with a person is what most of us do - a wild and crazy ride, very human.
    Falling in love with a stock? Not the same thing, right? Yet we see it everywhere on HC. We buy a 3 letter/digit code and expect it to be faithful, a great performer, no disappointments. For some, when things start to turn sour, we go into denial or find a dodgy "funnymental" reason to keep believing.
    Maybe one of the worst cases is when a stock should be doing well but Ms. Market doesn't care what you think. Sometimes the market response isn't rational. What to do? Keep believing? Sell? Howl at the moon?
    Case in point: I'm probably going to get spanked in a large (for me) trade in SYAO. Had 2 previous successful trades in it; saw what looked like solid support at 0.008; liked the FA with their Canadian Li story; good management; many recent positive announcements.
    Doubled down when 0.008 was broken. Did that a few times. No stop loss. Broke my rules so I'll probably get what I deserve.
    Heart vs Head ...
    I'm trying to remain rational with my trading - not always successful. The journey continues
    Last edited by Dark Doofus: 26/11/16

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.