XAO 0.28% 8,191.9 all ordinaries

Short Term Trading Weekend Lounge: 25-28 Jan, page-3

1. 2,336 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1456

An update on STTCOMP 2.0 folks.

After considering the few comments early this week from @ammie & co.sneaky.png (and Thumbs up https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1419/1419316-3425eb914dbd222213d4aba6701ff410.jpg received by their comments), now I think the interest is to reset the competition calculations at the start of this calendar year. Therefore, I have changed my program only to consider tips submitted on or after the 1st of January 2019. We only have 4 tips so far, but hopefully that will increase soon.

I have drafted the rules and the guidelines for the competition, which is technically almost same as Free’s ones, and included below for review if anyone is interested. Please let me know if anyone wants to modify or tweak anything before I post this officially with STTCOMP results Tuesday morning.  

On another note, we already have the first two winning tips for the new competition from @Wazza3006 and @ammie .Congrats to both of them for the great start!

Cheers
    CC

=========================================== 

Rules of the Short Term Trading Competition (Draft)

1. A tip can be submitted only for the Head stock (i.e. no Options or Warrants are allowed).
    2. A tip is not considered a valid entry if it is not submitted in (or in an acceptable variation of) the correct format as specified in the “Tip Submission Guidelines” section below.
    3. A tip is also not considered a valid entry if the same tipster submits another entry for the same stock in the basis of the same Fundamental Analysis (FA) or Technical Analysis (TA), while the corresponding previous tip is active.
    4. Same stock can be tipped twice, each in the basis of TA and FA. However, if the TA tip is submitted with strong backing, whilst the FA tip is poorly backed (or vice versa), the latter may be considered an invalid entry.
    5. The official submission date and time for a tip will be the recorded date and time of the HotCopper post containing the tip entry.
    6. A tip will be live from the OPEN on the next market day after the tip was submitted and will expire following a 4 weeks’ of life. 
    7. A tip is considered a Win if the stock records a 25% gain or a 25% fall, respectively, for Long or Short positions, from the entry price during the life of the tip.  
    8. Accuracy of a tipster is determined as the percentage of Wins over Total Picks for the current 1 year period, to two decimal points (eg. 8 wins from 17 picks, Accuracy 47.06%). A tipster with less than 5 tips during the current 1 year period will not be qualified for Accuracy assignment. (Note: the limit of tips to qualify for Accuracy will be kept at 5 for the first three months of the competition, and will be increased to 10 on the 1st of April 2019.)
    9. Tipsters are ranked based on the Accuracy. When two tipsters achieve the same accuracy, higher rank will be assigned to the tipster with higher number of wins during the current 1 year period.
    10. Results of the Tipping Competition will be published on the current STT thread on a weekly basis, on the first trading day of the week.

Tip SubmissionGuidelines (Draft)

1. To enter a tip into the STT Tipping Competition, a tipster must create a new post (the Post) in the current Short Term Trading Weekly or Weekend threads.
    2. The Post must contain a first line in the following syntax: STTCOMP
    3. Example: STTCOMP ABC FA LONG, where ABC denotes the stock code (ticker).
    4. Note: Tips are extracted by an automated search therefore any deviation from the above standard syntax might exclude a tip from the search, hence may not considered a valid entry.
    5. If a tipster intends to enter tips for both TA and FA tips for the same stock, two separate posts must be created.
    6. Following the first line of the Post as explained above, it must contain brief overview of the stock, including information such as Shares on Issue (SOI), Market Cap (MC), Cash in Hand (CiH) and its main business / operations.
    7. Then the Post must contain a detailed description of the Catalyst or Reason the tipster expects to move the stock price. For example, a FA upcoming event/reason or a TA setup which would be the catalyst to move the price of the stock. Tips with poor descriptions or containing only graphics (even though the graphics. i.e. charts with texts, may present substantial backing) might void the entry.

See a sample entry below:

STTCOMP CBX FA LONG

Bauxite Explorer inQueensland and WA
    Market Cap (MC) $5m

Cash in Hand (CiH) $1.5m.

Top 5 shareholders hold 80% so very tightly held Fallen from grace last year after its lead Bauxite project Pisolite Hills which was moving towards production and hadofftake agreements in place was placed in a mining ban area. Company is pushing ahead with its secondary project Bauxite Hills which is fairly advanced and hasa PFS already. Company has the support and backing of major shareholder MTE who has pledged to use its cash reserves to assist in project development.

Given the huge rerating of QBL overthe past few weeks and the many similarities the 2 companies seem to share,similar tight share structures, favourable locations to port and infrastructure, shallow near surface deposits amenable to free digging and solow cost mining and extraction. CBX might be well positioned for a large rerating too.
    =========================================== 

Last edited by ColonialCousin: 25/01/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.