XAO 0.10% 8,322.7 all ordinaries

Hi youwishfood It would be my guess no-one on this thread uses...

1. 7,576 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2084
    Hi youwishfood

It would be my guess no-one on this thread uses it. Not because it isn't probably useful but because people posting on this thread tend to be very self reliant. We all seem to be willing and able to teach ourselves and develop our own methods.

A few years ago I spent a bit of time reading Montgomery and worked out from his website many of the companies he invested in. I then tracked his success rate over about 3 years. Very occasionally he gets it wrong but overall I found he averages between 15% and 20% return each year. [I did a similar study of Lincoln Indicators and found they average between 10% to 15%]. Anybody wanting to do well in the market will prosper following either.

Certainly, if I had just followed them I would be much better off financially than I am now.

Personally, I will keep doing things my own way... there are other rewards, besides just making money, that I value. Over the years my capacity to value something has grown, my understanding of how the market works and how our society works has developed in a way which would never have happened if I had just passively followed someone else. Although I am still catching up from accumulated losses I now am doing much better... that is a skill I would never have acquired other than through doggedly pursuing my own path. Also, I have acquired an understanding of how the World operates, how money rules politics, the current geopolitical rivalries and what is happening behind the headlines... all of that because I followed my own nose. Can't put a price on understanding the World one lives in, of being able to spot fraud when you see it and perhaps most importantly knowing when someone is telling you the truth. Can't get that by following someone else.
    Last edited by Dazedandconfused: 28/04/19
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.