5grander update week 3:

Summary:
    50,000 ZMI - $1200
    50,000 JCS - $1400
    8365 PAK - $1087
    Cash - $1838
    Worth: $5525
    Profit/Loss: +10.5%

Main change was selling 8500 PAK into the recent announcement at 14.5 at a loss. The announcement was great but got sold into from stale holders above (me included). The positive from a technical perspective is its all in new hands now which will likely make that path easier to punch through in the future.

Lessons from week 3:
    Fits the weekend theme of "frivolous" - not having serious purpose or value aka cut your losers that arent giving value. I had a rolling stop on PAK at 16c which I chose to ignore. Fell at the way down to 12.5c which put a significant dent into the 5grander.
    So regardless of how much gains I was making on JCS or ZMI the loss acted as an anchor stopping from any growth. Ofc if this was a "30grand" challenge the PAK loss would be insignificant and wouldnt need savage cutting.
    I still hold PAK in the challenge as a longer term holding, hopefully look back at it end of uni semester and see its trading high again, prices are very cheap for its assets.
    Also hope this goes to show as a live warning what happens when you go overweight on a stock and chose to ignore your stop on a small portfolio. 3 deadly mixes. I consider myself very lucky the announcement came in time.

Week 4: I AM Ready to put my cash into a new stock

Anyways enjoying the property talk, I'm currently shopping around for my first property (nothing too serious rn) but interesting to see peoples views on the market.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.