Thanks @Diver Dan for your in-depth analysis and sage thoughts...

1. 761 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 887
    Thanks @Diver Dan for your in-depth analysis and sage thoughts on mkt forces/equilibrium's and or lack thereof, they are always interesting..........

The ideas underpinning and influencing 'equilibrium' in both large scale or small systems is a fascinating topic to ponder from a 'ground on up' level.

Consider if you will 'balance and equilibrium' from the most simple 'chemical level' right through to global scale economic systems and then throw in the more esoteric harder to pin down 'balance of mind' quantum's as well, and things sure do become complicated no doubt.

We have seen in recent years an almost exponential increase in complexity and 'states of novelty'. Have these two 'states' perhaps become bigger drivers and forces than they ever were........? (yes imo).

Indeed, do 'we' need these aspects to grow and flourish in order satisfy our evolutionary cravings as social animals more than we realize........(probably).

Is such growth in novelty and it's inevitable outcome such a prevailing fundamental..........and how does one pin down 'such a force' and rationalize it with relation to something as apparently 'simple' as our daily or weekly market fluxes........?

Everything is truly interconnected by my estimates................simple Newtonian influences prodding one system to react as others flex and squirm uncomfortably, or settle in comfort, like sitting in ones favorite chair.

Interesting times are surely upon us, with so many 'forces' looking to influence our perceptions right now. Perhaps our biggest market motivator is being 'tested and stretched' more than one might like to imagine........that motivator being something we could loosely term "human nature" and the 'pursuit of novelty'.

We are witnessing some mkt conniptions no doubt and individual resolve will be tested. Can longer term thinking eventually prevail........? I would like to think it may.

However, we appear to live in an age where increasingly shorter term mind sets dominate social and market based thinking, and 'knee jerk' scenarios are often preludes to what one might expect to see 'played out' over underlying 'slow train fundamentals'. In the end all systems will eventually need to find balance.

....................anyway..............that was a serious ramble...........sorry about that.

Just throwing around some thought/ideas........grey, rain soaked Saturday's spent in front of a computer pondering market fluxes have that affect on me.

I hope you are well. Indeed I hope all who read this are well and finding some semblance of equilibrium......

Good fortune to all.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.