If you split your orders like that you will incur extra...

1. 7,375 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1999
    If you split your orders like that you will incur extra brokerage expense... for the most part I sit off-screen and just hit bids or asks with limit orders at prices I like. I sit in the queue perhaps only 20% of the time. Trading like that I have noticed that seems to be what the bots are focused on i.e. the order flow. I have seen on numerous occasions I might sell into the bid (or buy at the ask) with only a $5k order and $10's of k's worth of orders just vanish and my order has moved the price.... tells me most of the orders I am seeing are spoof orders set by the algo's.

There is a US commentator, Mike Green, who has explained how passive index funds have completely altered the way the market transacts. An ETF is constantly rebalancing itself based on new buyers versus redemptions... which, to my mind explains why we see so many small algo trades. Active traders in stock specific transactions are probably a small percentage of the market now.... so to your concerns, it probably means we are easier to track and analyse.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.