lol, I wouldn't describe myself as an "unofficial moderator"....

1. 10,713 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 549
    lol, I wouldn't describe myself as an "unofficial moderator". This thread is largely self moderating though. Generally, in regards to posting, we like posters to be respectful of others and to have some information in posts so that we don't get one-line ramps. If you like a stock or hate a stock, just provide a bit of information why you have the opinion that you have. During the week, we like to avoid videos and try and keep the chat stock-focussed. On the weekend, we post music, stock chat and general chat. So pretty much anything goes on the weekend.

In terms of the competition and libraries, @ColonialCousin posts the competition updates and tables along with important links to the competition rules and libraries at the start of the weekly threads. Specifically,
    - with a tip you need to have the correct header and this will include either FA or TA so depending on what you have chosen, try to justify your tip from that perspective.
    - basic company details like stock name, what they do and market cap are pretty important for both types of tips.
    - the tips remain active for 28 days and you need a 25% gain to have a "winning" tip
    - there is an 8 week table but this is to measure tipsters' performance in the last 8 weeks (ie their current success rate) so don't get confused - the tips all need to perform in 8 weeks for the purpose of the competition
    - the starting price for any tips is the open price of the stock on the next trading day. A common misunderstanding as people intermittently think if they tip pre-open,they will get the open price that day.
    Here's a link to the competition rules plus the header format.

STTCOMP 2.0 Rules & Guidelines

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2955/2955659-075fa4e2360c9f77319d4d28b171b380.jpg

Welcome to the threads and we look forward to seeing more of you!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.