Short Term Trading Weekend lounge 2nd-4th Dec, page-95

1. 7,746 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 156
    Nostradamouse on trends for 2017

Mining commodities have had a fantastic run this year that should continue on into 2017 & beyond.. I'v done heaps of various posts around countries about to or is pouring money into construction, India, China & now USA just to name a few will lead the sector on another good year.

I will be looking for near term or producers that have been kicked down, as that type of play has been very prosperous for me. I've a few in my calendar & WL so will mention them in time.

Lithium.. Yea i'm still bullish here.. I noticed some of the big players getting some love in the last few weeks.. I still think mid to late 2017 at the min for major leg up due to mid size car's coming into production in 2018.. Auto makers will need to start locking in contracts otherwise they mite not be able to meet production. PLS is still my fav, having said that my money will be going in slightly earlier play's like KDR, CXO i seriously cant believe they sold it down, also keeping an eye on new comers cos who knows how they will end up.

Bio/Tech.. I'm seeing a lot nice companies around this sector, we may see some new players come but the ASX has plenty of good ones that need to shake a leg & 2017 will see some go in T1-T4 with some even going for FDA. Will be trying to time my entry on a few.. E-health for new companies will do well, BOT & MEB are picks here

Fintech... i'll be straight here.. I don't fully understand how CR8 & IAM will work, so as for a long term play, it's simply not for me. But theres no doubt money is flowing into the sector, actually billions going in & growing so i suspect will see a few new comers in the sector & hopefully one that i understand so it becomes a long term play.

IPO's & RTO's have had a stellar late 2016, i suspect on the RTO side it got better due to tougher ASX rules... In saying that, i've been reading up on few that will should have a decent run once they come out. In 2017 i reckon there will be a lot more then this year, the main reason for this is that we are evolving so fast with technology on all fronts, even chemical, we can turn a dirty river into clean drinkable water, electric vehicles wont be just about lithium so a few spin off around that will pop up like ultra charge but really i'm expecting weird plays that i would not think of.

So the last two Fintch & IPO's/RTO's besides understanding the what the company does there is also one very important part that i look for in a decent investment. That is, how disruptive can it be on taking a slice of market share, that hype will get everyone excited just like A3D.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.