It's interesting how the market seems to shift it's attention...

1. 7,375 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1996
    It's interesting how the market seems to shift it's attention away from the stocks one holds. The week before the main stocks l hold were all active. This week it was mostly a grind trying to keep from going backwards....
    I can't complain though... a couple of weeks ago l was over 30% down on my portfolio and l was seriously wondering what l might have done to myself. Clawed back to about 10% down which is almost normal.

It's Germany doing the most testing (currently running @ 500,000 tests a week) so they have the biggest sample size... on their numbers the case fatality rate is 0.4% which makes Covid 19 about 4 times more lethal than the flu .... Let's hope those stats hold. The down side is this thing is much more virulent and there are some reports of lasting lung damage in even mild cases.

No shortage of financial gurus to spread their particular version of doom... it's all they can do to restrain themselves.... in a nutshell it amounts to "l told you so...nahnana nah nah".

This thing is a universal calamity... of course there will be profound financial implications (which are probably impossible to predict) but the more interesting thing is ... how is it going to change our society? The initial reaction was a debate over which is the most important... the well being of everyone's health or the economic implications. Not straight forward l know but as the seriousness of this gradually sank in the emphasis has decidedly moved to the consideration of human welfare.... once this passes it would be most welcome indeed if that emphasis stuck around as a permanent feature of our society.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.