I just try to focus on clear, uptrending stocks (with momentum...

1. 10,807 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 289
    I just try to focus on clear, uptrending stocks (with momentum etc.) but finding a good entry becomes challenging as sometimes end up paying more as a result (chances of short-term trend continuing higher though puts odds/risk reward in my favour).

Then there is always the risk/possibility that a good trend stalls/falls on "sell the news" factor as with LBT recently so stuck holding for the time being (though no qualms having bought LBT whatsoever).

Other thing I consider to use is a stop loss exit (about 25% below my buy in price) so that no matter what - once trend fails/sp falls -25% I just sell out so as to protect overall capital (as nothing worse than holding losing trade's for month's/year's eating up all your invested capital to the point it can wipe you out literally).

On the contrary, learning to hold onto winner's longer (especially if trend continues higher & higher) results in maximizing your profits (it makes a big difference to your overall portfolio performance over time).

Cheers tela

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.