Fix the Rollout - Mix the VaccinesMixing vaccines has now been...

1. 2,839 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2395
    Fix the Rollout - Mix the Vaccines

Mixing vaccines has now been demonstrated to provide the highest level of immunity, specifically, using AstraZenaca first, followed by a mRNA, like Pfizer; bout 96% efficacious. As such, not only can we improve immunity here in Australia, but mixing these vaccines would greatly improve the rollout, by utilizing the abundant Astra Zenaca, which is being shelved, and reducing by half the limited number of Pfizer, by giving it as the second shot in the mixed protocol. Angela Merkel did it back in April, and many countries are now adopting the practice routinely.

Trial results of this vaccine mixing have been very successful in the US, Canada, Europe, and some Asian nations.Here are a list of some articles, and results of one study. There are ample more of the later.

Taiwan Allows Mixing Vaccines
    Canada allows vaccine mixing
    Trial results from Oxford University
    Angela Merkel mixed vaccine. USA, Sth Korea, Italy.
    Vietnam has also joined the party.

Unfortunately though, the WHO, is not on board, yet. But this is the same WHO, who categorically stated last year that SARS-CoV-2 is not an aerosol ! They recanted several months later. I nearly fell of my perch when I first heard this, knowing that COVID is primarily a lung disease, as that is where the death toll instigates from, in most cases. And the last I knew, it was the job of the lungs to breathe in the air we breathe. The pressure is on for Australia to accept the coronavirus really can spread in the air we breathe. Old news now.

Australia of course, is also not onboard. This is to be expected. After all, the Australian politicians are not known for their cutting edge thinking. Imagine now if the government had to change their rollout strategy to follow this new world's best practice. No, rather, they will do what is best for their politics safety, rather than considering the safety of the nation.

As for me, I am a 1B worker when it comes to the rollout, but only now after 18 months of the pandemic, have I been offered a vaccine by my large, front line in the pandemic employer. How ridiculous. If I told you what I exactly do, you would be horrified to learn that my first vaccine has only recently been offered. Pfizer, by the way. Some of you do know something of my occupation, so just include potential COVID customers, and in some cases, actual COVID cases.

But because of this rollout fiasco, I had to take my vaccination into my own hands and get the jab, AstraZenaca, the only one avaialble at the time, several months ago. It is nearing time now for my second dose, but I will take the opportunity to improve my health outcome by accepting the Pfizer. Yes, I will have to lie to achieve this, by stating that I have not yet had a vaccine shot, and that the Pfizer being offered is my first COVID vaccination.

But so be it. At the end of the day, we are each responsible for our own safety. This is our moral and legal obligation, so I will do what is best under the circumstances, and mix the best combination of vaccines proven so far. AstraZenaca first, followed by Pfizer second. Other combinations will become available later in Australia, like taking the next to arrive mRNA, Moderna, as the secomd shot after your Astra.

But don't wait for our government to say so. If you do, you'll be giving your health the second best outcome. We deserve better, and if the government can't provide it, I certainly will if the opportunity arises.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.