Short Term Trading - Weekend Lounge: 30 Jun - 2 Jul, page-41

1. 676 Posts.
    Nice review Free. It's made me think of the countless hours that collectively went into putting all those tips together.

I have an idea for the STT comp that we could incorporate a stop loss criteria into the competition.

That is, a long tip would be stopped out and removed from the remainder of the 4 weeks if it hits a stop loss threshold of say 10-15% if that happens before it reaches its +25%.

The aim of the stop rule is to encourage the stock picker to improve the timing of their entries, engrain a culture of capital preservation and create some gentle pressure to improve the quality of tipping even further.

Another reason I think stops are useful here is to make sure the tips are focussed on a short term result in the 4 week timeframe of the comp, and to build resistance against forming a "bottom drawer" hold mentality for investments that go sour.

I realise that not everyone uses stops so this idea will be controversial, but I'm putting this idea to the group for a reaction - good or bad?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.