On a lighter note, Weekend topics: What role does dow and asx...

1. 2,007 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 968
    On a lighter note,
    Weekend topics:

What role does dow and asx all ords TA play in assisting with optimum timing of a STT?
    I think TA does play a good role in macros for STT ONLY when its near resistance/breakout or at support. Other wise movements in between are macro FA determined imo.
    For example:

Here's a link to my post when the XJO posted a spring at support - http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/sho...-16-18-sept.2905139/page-177?post_id=19225469
    Asking others to go "window shopping" for potential opportunities and to wait for a higher close as confirmation for timing.

Heres a link of the XJO chart 2weeks later showing a great move - http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/sho...ting-26-sept.2921600/page-91?post_id=19428752

Undoubtedly we had some great runners in the 2weeks time since the original post so the timing was surprisingly great this time round but once again I believe these things only work at support and breakouts.

Do you think the brains of traders are bigger and/or smarter than the rest of the population?
    Yes they are. No questions asked lol, trading has been the most challenging thing I've ever encountered in my 21years both mentally and physically.
    I have also learnt the most knowledge in the last year than I have my entire life...about economics, markets, artificial intelligence, marijuana, milk, human psychology, my own psychology, geology, pricing, costs, financial tech, financial risk, money management, effort vs result, software tech, or anything that makes the world go round.
    Without a doubt trading is a skill I would ask everyone to have a go at, financial success or failure doesn't matter but you sure are to learn a tonne about pretty much everything....I think non-traders/investors are missing a huge part of the world they will die never having a clue about.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.