Short Term Trading Weekend Lounge : 30 Sept - 2 Oct, page-269

1. 35,472 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2863
    "IE people picked it for the 4 week gain but as chance would have it, it went on and 5 or 10 bagged over 12 months. So not sure many people are picking comp tips purely to get one of the 3 Orange jersey's ... I may be wrong.."

No, I don't think you are, it's a bit of an after thought, and doesn't get as much kudos as it should. Many STT can be P&Ds and end up the year under tip level, or even within the tips 4 weeks (ie: make 25% and crash 50) and that's what it is too.

Hence why I did put up a buy and hold 5Ger.

If the re-rate was expanded to have a longer cut off, I would tend to tip in that 1-6 months time to make a bag.

Very often, and I have posted here before, I won't tip a large cap, due to the market cap being so large, 25% might be 20x the market cap of 20 spec tips LOL. ie New Hope Corp. and often, I'll just post those with 6 months or 1-2 year holds or even mention maybe SMSF.

In fact, for my own purposes, I keep my own longer record of tips via spreadsheet, as my personal goal is to have as good a bag ratio over 1 year as the STT 4 week 25%ers. That's just me, maybe obsessive yes.

If I posted it, it probably would be considered "chest beating" even as a fact, I don't know, I don't mention it much for that reason. Tall poppies and all. Being humble, even on a stock trading site mostly full of alphas and we got to tone it down.

If people think I am personally a STT chest beater, please just say so.
    I am sure some think I post too much here anyway.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.