XAO 1.32% 7,990.7 all ordinaries

Short Term Trading Weekend Lounge: 4-6 May, page-81

1. 3,529 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 249
    Not to mention my cashew-apple wine. Someone said I should put it in the motor bike.

Which reminds me, there are hundreds of millions of tons of it - the fruit, not my wine - wasting on the ground in Vietnam alone, and it has one of the highest liquid saturations and sugar contents of all. How do you make ethanol again?

Any industrial chemists reading? (You'd only have to overcome the State owned PetroVietnam, whose turf you' probably be standing on if you wanted to dilute their largest reevenue source (O&G)).
    Alcohol

In Goa, the cashew apple is mashed and the juice extracted and kept for fermentation for a few days. Fermented juice then undergoes a double distillation process. The resulting beverage is called feni or fenny. Feni is about 40–42% alcohol. The single-distilled version is called urrac, which is about 15% alcohol.

In the southern region of Mtwara, Tanzania, the cashew apple (bibo in Swahili) is dried and saved. Later, it is reconstituted with water and fermented, then distilled to make a strong liquor often referred to by the generic name, gongo.

In Mozambique, cashew farmers commonly make a strong liquor from the cashew apple. It is known under various names in the local languages of Mozambique (muchekele in Emakua spoken in the North, xicadju in Changana spoken in the South). In contrast to the above-mentioned Feni of Goa, the cashew liquor made in Mozambique does not involve the extraction of the juice from the cashew apples. Following harvest and the removal of the nuts, the apples are spread on the ground under trees and courtyards and allowed to lose water and ferment. The shrivelled fruits are then used for distillation.
    According to one source,[30] an alcohol had been distilled in the early 20th century from the juice of the fruit, and was manufactured in the West Indies. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cashew#Cashew_apple

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.