must be funny to see some of you fellas, head under the desk,...

1. 11,033 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 923
    must be funny to see some of you fellas, head under the desk, banging away on the iphone, before the boss spots you !!
    i have pretty much fallen into almost full time trading as a consequence of unemployment.
    I have traded blindly for a long time, but used the last year or so to hone my skills in an effort to earn some money........
    Now, i am absolutely loving it !!.....Daytrading was, i found, a mugs game, and incredibly time consuming and boring. ST for me, with the research etc that goes with it. I have recently gotten a bit of casual work, but, finding it......."inconvenient"......though it s a way of saving up for plane tickets.................and, i have no desire to go looking for work again. However, i am in a fairly lucky position.........a low cost of living, as i own my dungheap, so, no mortgage etc...........and, the rugrats are gone, and off the payroll..........
    To go full time, would be quite daunting for many...........cutting ties with an income stream is quite frightening, but its certainly worth investigating. Also, its worth noting, if your trading style suits being a full timer, and, can you adapt your trading to market forces....
    For example, i have been deeply involved in the shell game recently,but now i'm finding it a bit frothy as fomo and greedy/generous deals come in ...........so, it appears i will be slowly changing tack, and considering a few more resource plays..........BAR and MOX stand out.........also, i,m looking into small businesses that have potential for growth, like, CL8 and 8CO.
    Basically, changing tack, to suit the market, and, to suit lifestyle, reducing the need to be on the ball all the time, and getting more time for life, .......cycling, swimming etc...........at the risk however (as GT noted), that taking some time away from the market will see you rapidly lose touch of where its all at............even a few hours away, means taking time to catch up again.............
    anyone who can make the transition successfully gets my respect, it can be tough, be most enlightening if you are devoted and flexible, and aware of it becoming an all engulfing passion !!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.