Short Term Trading Weekend Lounge: 5 - 7th August, page-254

1. 429 Posts.
    I have been viewing HotCopper on and off for years and certain statistics on HC do lead me in a direction the old saying "where there is smoke there is fire" can apply.
    One example is if there is constant and persistant downramping on a stock carried out by a number of well known members with a following , I will investigate that stock , looking at everything from cash position to new strategies. The simple point is why are they spending so much time on that stock if they don't like it, investing is time consuming, they are there for a reason . The old " trying to warn people" doesn't ring true with me .Three or four posts of warnings are close to the limit for us. There has been some success with sometimes using this strategy after investigating fundamentals,
    one example was Xped , at 3c the downramping by well known members was epic so we after investigation increased our stake , now we have sold out at 8.8 and 7.9 despite the forum being full of HC heavyweights up ramping, we are considering some sort of re entry under certain conditions and fundamentals , and if it pops will try to jump on so now just follow selected posters.
    Up ramping I find tricky as some do it for recognition as well as to pump, in this case its best to check the authors disclosed holdings and trades down to a pip if possible.
    Volume of posts means to myself there is a high contingent of retail holders so the SP is more open to wild fluctuations.. and inclined to drift downwards on no news.
    I have a software system at work that can read messages but with the fickle nature of many HC posters you would be required to re programme it daily to compensate ..
    My first 2 sentances stand firm though.
    Goodluck

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.