@wolfjoint To start with, I would recommend that you read then...

1. 3,651 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 69
    @wolfjoint

To start with, I would recommend that you read then re-read all of the posts in the Short Term - knowledge library, created by Freehold, and authored by members of the STT team. Click on this post number and it will take you straight there 16342347

Take your own notes (say in Word so you can quickly do a cut n paste) and begin to create your own Trading Book. You can then add whatever you like to it.

Once you have absorbed as much as you can, hopefully you will find certain trading styles/strategies, techniques, areas, etc that will hit a note with yourself. I was reading over some of the topics today myself. I spend time every week learning new ways or re-reading all different facets to do with the markets . I do this to keep my brain fed the right ingredients, well I try to anyway.

Every investor or trader develops their own unique way of operating, and you probably already have one. Whatever it is, and assuming that it works, then stick to it. A trading plan should be simple. It should allow for all potential outcomes of a trade. By doing this, any remaining emotional attachment is negated as it is all written down in black and white. It leaves no guess work, especially when under the pressure that comes with both holding long and profitable trades all the way to being stopped out within 5 minutes of entering a Pilot buy.

I am no superstar trader by any long stretch of the imagination. However I do believe in keeping it simple and that works for me.
    So as I suggested above, work out what areas of investing or trading are you attracted to? Learn all you can as you will be driven by the unconscious mind as you are already interested in that area. Conversely work out where you need to gain greater knowledge, seek it out, and just grind away.

Again, look at your trading plan. Ask yourself is it simple and covers every possible scenario, including a day when the overall market craps itself. In the end, there are thousands of different ways that you could deploy to choose what you buy and sell. The hardest part imo is the battle of the inner voice.

Trading mindfully is a journey that is never ending....but is a path that is well worth exploring...

Best Wishes with your trading.

Cheers
    GF

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.