XAO 0.33% 8,214.8 all ordinaries

Hi Diver Dan I have slowly developed the habit to hold steady on...

1. 7,580 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2095
    Hi Diver Dan

I have slowly developed the habit to hold steady on the trade decisions I make... but today, late afternoon, I got a bit antsy... closed out 4 positions and reduced risk by 50% on another... just sold 'at market'. Suddenly I feel I don't know what is going on [now 60% cash]. @Zandaya 's GIF sums it up nicely. Things can and do sometimes change quite dramatically... on gold, there is a lot of profit sitting out there which might easily be cashed in and be placed elsewhere.

Interesting article you posted on PL [profit and loss?] and the RBA. Negative interest rates, rising indebtedness finely balanced by rising asset prices... why does the image of a fly sliding down the sweet sides of a pitcher plant come to my mind?

I have a personal theory about the crash of '29. It was also a time when the World was changing fast... it saw the rise of the great chemical empires, the introduction of plastics and mass production techniques... I think the coincidence of the financial crash of the time and the changed economy are interrelated.

Similarly so today I believe.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.