XAO 0.14% 8,013.8 all ordinaries

Short Term Trading Weekend Lounge: 6 -8th Apr, page-141

1. 6,670 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1546
    Spent some more time this weekend analyzing the past six months winners / runners etc and what stood out most was the lack of real runners.

There was an awful lot of either 30 to 40% jumps, or two / three week runs, but the SP never went on with it - regardless of the change in fundamentals, whether there were announcements, large spikes in volumes traded etc.

It was really surprising as to the sheer volume of speeding tickets that get handed out, and the consistent debilitating effect they have on a company's SP. Strange speeding tickets too. There would be major announcement, the SP would rise 20%, and then comes the "please explain". Please explain what? Don't they read the announcements?

Almost all the real runners never had to deal with a speeding ticket.

Have we become over-regulated?
    Is the ASX having too much influence on the market?

SYT is the latest to be in Suspension, for either "failing to explain", or "not explaining the finer points of their new Commercial Agreement adequately". The recent tech wrecks appear to have led the ASX to impose new disclosure rules on the release of Commercial Agreements. Do companies understand the new rules? Will it take them a bit longer to explain things, under the new rules? Is this the start of a wave of Suspensions?

From where I sit, I think the handbrake might be getting applied a bit too often, and a bit too early.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.