Short Term Trading Weekend Lounge: 7 -9 Apr, page-164

1. 3,621 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 164
    AGM's - I have only ever been to two and am unlikely to go to another, unless it's at my local (200m from my house) - which is unlikely. To be honest, I just don't hold a stock long enough, or at least have an outlook long enough to even bother. If I have ended up with a long term hold, it will most likely be a carried position that most of the time would be only <$10k so there is really no point. I have enough meetings with work to be excited about going to others.

If I have questions I need answering, I want answers ASAP so I'll ring or email directly. No need for me to wait until for a once a year AGM. Like many have said, whether you are at a meeting or on the phone - know your facts and if your memory is a bit worn, have the facts and Q's written down in front you. Just don't try and read them out like a robot, you don't want to sound like a reporter, you want to present to them like you know whats going on and that you are switched on - cue notes are best imo.

First impressions are a cliche.... but when meeting people of importance, it pays to dress sharp and be articulate if you want to be taken seriously.... Remember, some of these guys are high in stature and may have a sense of self importance. People judge by appearance and how you articulate speech. Unless you are J.Packer, then you can dress and do whatever you want .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.