Short Term Trading Weekend Lounge: 7 -9 Apr, page-67

1. 7,575 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    Interesting topic Haplo, so attending AGM

1. - Prior to the AGM come with a plan of questions, you may or may not have a chance to ask but be prepared! Depends on the stock some AGM's for specs will only have 5-10 people present outside of the management team.

2. - Don't be afraid to ask the difficult questions, however there is a difference between difficult questions and those that they can't answer I.E. anything that would be market sensitive. Again think carefully and be prepared so you don't look silly, one dumb question and they will lose interest in you.

3. - AGM's can be a good place to network, can be an opportunity to chat to other like minded investors that hold that stock or otherwise.

4. - When it comes to a spec stock perhaps believe half of what they tell you (this depends on the director/s), think about it how often do things come true? Question timelines, question projects, questions plans, question EVERYTHING!

Remember these directors get paid a pretty penny so don't be scared, it's your money invested into a company they are running!

5. - When it comes to spec stocks if they really try and sell you the story they are probably bluffing! This is my experience.

6. - Act interested in the company but not too interested, if you seem too keen they will just tell you want you want to hear and you'll just waste your time.

Final thought - Question everything and if something doesn't add up ask, ensure your well researched on the company and have questions ready prior to the AGM, that way you'll be fully prepared.

Anyways this is how I play it and I hope this helps

Perhaps next time your at an AGM and a guy is asking all the difficult questions it's probably me

I'm interested in others opinions too

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.