XAO 0.41% 7,959.7 all ordinaries

Put a Tip in last week and thought I'd share this week's post of...

1. 17,728 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 160
    Put a Tip in last week and thought I'd share this week's post of the week to highlight why us holders are keen on this little Aussie explorer.

HLX Helix Resouces

$12m MC
    $1m in cash
    2 new JV's signed up in the last month
    2 projects currently being drilled
    HLX funding 1 JV partner funding 3000m
    2 further projects to be drilled this year
    1 Jorc to be produced this year
    Multiple news events coming over next 2 months

https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/jogmec.4415503/page-5?post_id=35457009

Reviewing a few things that we know about - and there obviously would be more going on that hasn't yet reached maturity:

Joshua farmout to MHC
    Deal concluded giving us a 20% free-carried interest to BFS, starting with a potentially high impact - and imminent - drilling program at zero cost to us. That's better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick. Nothing factored into our share price for this so hard to bitch about that deal. Great risk : reward balance both corporately and for share price. Tick.

Samuel farmout to JOGMEC
    Another farmout of an asset that we can't spend too much attention or $ on, given the inevitable demands of our (compelling) NSW assets on our small team, and cash balance. A quality farminee, too, plus some $ coming to us as management fees - and remember, we still retain some equity. Tick.

Yathella initial drilling has started
    The scout hole and soil samples that were done a few months ago have obviously had to be assessed, along with the EM responses, and reconciled with learnings from Collerina. With the initial RC drill program now designed, contracted and already underway on this promising target this reminds me that Team Helix has quietly ticked another box here.

Being potential satellite tonnes for Collerina, any discovery here could be very, very profitable. And since there is next to nothing factored into our share price for this, it's no biggie if early results don't hit the jackpot. The target looks good enough to warrant DHEM in the initial holes whatever the initial results, and then a few more holes as we vector towards the source of the oxide copper that was found in the earlier scout hole and of course in the soils. Another tick here.

Collerina
    With an initial JORC drill out committed pre 31 December, this assures me that we'll get those tantalising DHEM targets off holes 88 and 90, and the FLEM target drilled soon, as well as some further holes to prove continuity of the deposit. With the narrowish but deeply plunging orientation of the copper deposits in this area, and Collerina having its best yet to be found by the drill bit, I can understand careful planning here. A further tick here; the next couple of months will pass by quickly, especially if we look at targets like the next one, that has quite a fanbase on HC already ... Mundarlo...

Mundarlo
    We have to spend more $ here by Feb 2019 as I recall so this beauty inevitably will be back on everyone's radar before long. Team Helix must have been working this one up, too, as the lithology and petrology studies that were underway a couple of months ago would have produced some results.

This target is classic high risk-high reward so I'm being patient about drilling because I know our directors will be keener than any of us to put some deep holes into this as soon as it makes sense. So an inferred tick here too.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.