Fluro2au, Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a great topic. I would...

1. 232 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Fluro2au,

Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a great topic. I would appreciate it if any posters could nominate any AI companies on the ASX in their infancy with merit.

AI has been hot on the ASX for some time. There are some hidden gems.

Take for example Appen Limited (ASX:APX) that I have been holding for a while.

APX is a global player in the development of high quality human annotated datasets for machine learning (think of internet of things, IOT) and artificial intelligence. APX customers include the world's leading technology companies, automakers and governments.

Fantastic management that have never missed a beat since I have been following them.

They have gone from a small cottage company to one that will be included in the ASX 300 Index on the 18th September 2017 with a current MC of $463 million (Commsec Trading Platform) servicing 130+ countries presently.

APX Is already earning vault loads of profit.

A fantastic bevy of figures and any farmer would love to have this cash cow quietly stashed in their back paddock.

For such a quality company with such a proven growth profile there is always a premium added to the share price. APX has a current P/E of 33.3 (Commsec Trading Platform). It should be noted however that with proven ASX tech growth stocks adding 40 -50% EBITA per annum their P/E is usually significantly higher.

The catalyst for a short term trade is the possible re-rate when it is added to the ASX 300 Index on the 18th September 2017 although some index fund managers may have already made a pre-emptive strike. Maybe more of a longer term hold as is my strategy.

This post's intention is to be informative and objective. In no way is it intended to be investment advice. Never take any post on social or trading media sites at face value. Always do your own research and it is important to remember that capital preservation and accumulation is paramount in every trading decision.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.