Short Term Trading Weekend Xmas Lounge: 16-18 Dec, page-77

1. 464 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Patience seems to be the common theme here. Been caught getting excited and buying 1 or 2 or 3 pips higher not wanting to miss the boat, and when the stock is .5c or 1c it does make a difference psychologically because that's an extra few pips before being in the green can be a significant percentage it needs to move already. That goes hand in hand with trying to get in early as possible and feeling might miss out if i don't buy now. Majority have come good however, but not as good as could have been. Only started trading again this november for this year and seeing NAE being sold at around the 2c placement seemed too good to be true. Cutting losses early is a very hard lesson to learn but an absolute must. Horrible sitting on a stock seeing it go down, and down, and down til there is no way out except with half the capital or more gone. Bit harder to pick entries and exits working full time, and have missed some bigger profits but profit is profit as they say and they do add up. Just look at the 5 grander thread. My goal is to put everything i've learned into practice in 2017 and hopefully trade full time, or work very very part time haha..at night probably.
    Taking profits along the way is something i now do on the spikes and try to buy them back on the mostly healthy lulls ie nae sold @ 3.7 buy back a bit bigger parcel @ 3.3 and feels good to roll over the profits in a company who seem to have the goods. Watched massive profits erode away on vtxo, rygo, qbl back in the day and don't want to see that happen again because i think it has so much more, such great company and prospects etc and surely it'll jump back? If i see a nice profit and think holy crap and then $ parties and yachts and private jets then it's definitely time to find that sell button. And that leads to getting a good grip on TA, there's brilliant research here re the FA already, even if only basic TA such as the MACD crossing up, who would've thunkit, and low market caps, proven management etc etc? Another thing i've learned is u never stop learning and this here is the classroom, along with the brains trust imo, though DT thread does provide some good pointers as well. Forrest says he puts in about 10 hours a day research, my god no wonder he does so well! I'm learning it really does pay off wherever it presents itself.
    STT is invaluable and i am amazed at the quality of posters i've been following here for the past 3 years, and also the humility and generosity and patience with those willing to learn. I think most who religiously read this thread are here genuinely wanting to learn how to be a better trader, because there is money to be made on the market. Every year there are numerous 2 - 5 up to 10+ baggers. Key is to find them and get set early. Many many thanks to all here . I'd post more but jeez, hard to top what's already here. Maybe next year. Merry xmas and very happy 2017 to all.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.