They should ban HFTrading outside the ASX300. The platform is...

1. 11,840 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3080
    They should ban HFTrading outside the ASX300. The platform is rubbish in thin stocks. They stack the screen to make it look stronger or weaker. You can easily tell by the number of shares at different levels and by the frequency of them being put on to the market. Why would someone want their holding to drop by making the screen look bad? You hear that they want to sell higher and buy the stock back at lower levels but it causes capitulation in stocks. (That is what they want you to think) I am wondering how these traders even get the stock to sell sometimes. You know that smaller stocks don't have funds on the register so where is the bot coming from? The idea of possibly day shorting stocks using these algo's isn't out of the question. How would the ASX know what was going on? Chi_x market is also dodgy. Many trading platforms don't show that market, so how is that legal and a level playing field? They say you are to get priority on the buy/sell side but that is not always the case in my experience. Charlie Atkin (analyst and fund manager) said that it was nothing more than skimming. He reckons its a curse and i tend to agree with him. Bots can buy and sell in numbers that we cannot. We have to have our order go through compliance while they don't. They are allowed to move stocks up in serious percentages on no volume. We cannot. If they think that is a level playing field, they need meds. Another very questionable practice. My mate wanted to sell some stock down 5c in a $5 stock 5 mins before the close. That is only a 1% move. He was rejected by the brokers compliance but a bot got to it instead. How dodgy is that? The asx like to say they have a transparent and open market. Not seeing it so far. Money will always find a way to avoid rules and the rules are not made to protect us.
    The ASX says that they are computers, and therefore they get a free pass. I think the groups using the algos get a free pass at the general markets expense and i am surprised the asx allows it. They have busted bad bots, but many are questionable. We have seen flash crashes and that is also caused by computers allowed on exchanges. How were they allowed to trade in the first place? Just a few questions to ask the high and mighty.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.