LYC 4.14% $7.04 lynas rare earths limited

short trading anyone?, page-12

1. 12,085 Posts.
    IronCondor
    "....the stock has popped 25% in the last 3 days"
    I would be surprised if a 50c retrace could be achieved similar to the 1.70 down to 1.20 you mentioned. I respect your concern but Monday's Ann has abated all those scare mongering myths that REE are not so rare and the basket price will drop blah blah blah. Great for the shorters and botters...hmmm, nice PR people :(( wish I had more dosh back then :))
    I suppose some shorting will be attempted to trigger some stop losses and stop losses ONLY. Who in their right mind would sell? CHINA CUTS SUPPLIES BY 35%, the world aint happy :((( and LYC has the best goods ready to go Feb/March and production in Sep/Oct. Pending Armageddon, this is the Jewel in the ASX crown.
    Sure, I've taken 2 profits and will welcome a 3rd 4th 5th.......I play with 120k units and have kept some funds in reserve for a nice slippage, but I aint holding my breath.
    Please define 'volatile'. Gets played by shorters and bots like any other stock. I read every day announcements about companies with good drill results, new tenements, the dig or well of the century to hit the Holy Grail etc etc blah blah blah. Most fade to obscurity within a month of a good pump and dump, liquidity disappears, lucky to trade it within 0.5c daily. To clarify my point I name a few 'wasters' of my time(albeit, some money was made while it lasted)- avb abu dra tam isf meo ssn. Have you ever tried trading a stock like them? You will certainly not be able to buy $250k of them! You can buy the whole day's(possibly week's!) volume. You get "cornered", every bot has it's sight set on you, one large sell and PUFF, the price collapses! THAT IS VOLATILITY. LYC is a stock you 'can get lost in', whether you trade 5k$$$ or 500k$$$, whether you want to momentum trade or lock in for years- so versatile. Also,if LYC said tomorrow they decided to call it quits they have a deposit to auction, massive TO target. IMOP, there is nothing volatile about LYC. Obviously try and pick the best entry point if you intend a short term stint but if you are in it for the long run, it's purely academic.
    The above is NOT a personal attack on anyone, just my opinion from my experiences. You want volatility, pick something that makes you lose sleep over night or worrying about whether the a hissy fit over the DJI means your T+3 just turned into a bottom drawer 'capital investment'. Obviously, DYOR and only trade what you can afford to squander.
    Good luck people.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.04
Change
0.280(4.14%)
Mkt cap ! $6.580B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.66 $7.07 $6.66 $29.97M 4.291M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 35 $7.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.05 6000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.