IAG 1.51% $7.41 insurance australia group limited

short, page-11

1. 480 Posts.
    I got a loan so get $$ back in tax for the interest - we all know how that works!(looking fwd to a nice refund) and research companies and check debt levels, but generally with commodities just check the announcements, read them thoroughly and compare to how others have gone in the past and go for a punt, my loan is fixed interest only at 7% and to make 12.5% I'm happy to do that in my first 1/2 year, 5% profit not using my money :P I've learnt that CEO's like to make announcements glossy...when in fact compared to other companies they're not good.

Love Wiki:
    shorting" is the practice of selling securities the seller does not then own, in the hope of repurchasing them later at a lower price. This is done in an attempt to profit from an expected decline in price of a security, such as a stock or a bond, in contrast to the ordinary investment practice, where an investor "goes long," purchasing a security in the hope the price will rise."

After reading that - sounds interesting risky? IAG doesn't seem a company I would risk the downward trend during this period...I believe it will pick up soon, especially when ANZ or CBA (or another financial institution) decide they want to expand or extend an inhouse insurance division. IAG is now in NZ, China, India & UK, expanding very fast but for long term gains.

I wake up hoping for a shiny day, you're hoping for storms to reduce profits. Good luck with it though.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IAG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.41
Change
0.110(1.51%)
Mkt cap ! $17.56B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.40 $7.49 $7.34 $29.29M 3.967M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 14644 $7.39

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.42 43 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IAG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.