NDS_031121_per-capita-report.pdfNo doubt there are some issues...

1. 399 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 71
    NDS_031121_per-capita-report.pdf

No doubt there are some issues with freeloaders, and some prvoiders price gouging (knowing their clients arent paying), and I think people being on the program longer than needed.

I have no issue with someone doing a big investigation and streamlining the whole thing, but these lazy statements about it being rorted and a huge economic blight are overstated and do not mention the huige benefits it's had for the disabled.

In my wifes role as an OT (non-NDIS) in public health, she has seen countless people who genuinely need the NDIS get knocked back. it seems to be overly generous where children are concerned, but far more difficult for adults who have a genuine need to be approved (and then seen with the wait times). But cutting funding will not help wait times for the people who need these services (and I kind of understand the acceptance of more children thatn possibly really need the NDIS, since early intervention is shown to be the best way to get these kids into functional little taxpayers for decades to come).

We can agree the whole scheme needs a review but screaming "it costs too much, cut the budget" wont fix any of the problems, and will only make things worse for our most vulnerable.

Cheers all

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.