Shorten admits he was the rape suspect!, page-131

1. 25,520 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Yes I did, and I well and truly deserved it, for helping the Australian economy, with the surcharge imposed on my salary for a number of years, by the Howard/Costello Government, to pay for Keating's reckless fiscal profligacy in his last period in Office. But there was absolutely no need for that second cash handout by the Rudd Federal Government,as it was clearly evident by then, even to a first year Economics student, that the Chinese economic powerhouse had retrieved Australia's economic prospects. And of course, the fiscal shambles that followed afterwards, with its endless fairy tale promises of a return to Surplus, whilst continuing with its reckless expenditure splurge, will be a reminder of Labor's fiscal ineptness, and double speak, for years to come.

But should we be really surprised, when it is well known that Swan was only a second rate Treasurer, with a second rate a second rate Arts Degree, attained with a so called Honours thesis on ''Factionalism in the case of Queensland Labor 1959-66''. How could such a narrow thesis assist a Federal Treasurer in running the multi billions Australian economy?

After all, to use an old expression:

Political Arts degrees are 'a dime a dozen'

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.